Monday, June 11, 2007

Well.

It turns out that there are multiple ways to get exhausted throughout one's day. Most recently, I was exhausted by school and by too much work. Strangely, i'm now experiencing exhaustion due to "socialization overload." Two of my friends got married at the House of Worship this weekend (Lev and negin, woot woot!) and the number of Baha'i youth this drew to the chicagoland area could only be measured in the old style, with large stones (for the curious, the number of Baha'i youth equaled roughly 5000 stones).

I am currently breathing deeply in an attempt to recover, half-finished classes of yoga flashing through my head. If memory serves, I should be channeling the essence of the spiritual warrior even as we type.

It was a beauteous ceremony, and held at the House of Worship here in chicagoland - possibly the most attractive building and grounds in the whole of the western hemisphere. The day cooperated nicely, no one fell down embarrassingly, and I got to marvel once again at the simple majesty of two young people dedicating their lives to one another.

Congrats lev and negin! May all your tomatoes ripen and all your beds remain fluffy!

4 comments:

Sholeh said...

well now, that is such a nice little message to a newly married couple! Fluffy beds and ripe tomatoes...i really like that.

Robbie Falconer said...

Yeah, i'm just hoping it will catch on. Soon everyone will include ripened tomatos and fluffy beds in their well-wishing! Just remember - you heard it here first folks!

Anonymous said...

I hope someone posts pictures of the beauuutiful couple on their beauuutiful day.

Andrew said...

I was really wondering why you kept gathering all those stones throughout the weekend. Now I know. Thank you.