Thursday, June 14, 2007

Poe-A-tree!

There comes a time in a man's life where he must form fellowships. Alliances. Pacts. Agreements that foster success and guarantee domination. There is one such combination whose legendary resonance vibrates throughout the poetry writing world: the illustrious Nathan Davis and myself.

Ok, sure, point out that we've never actually done anything together. I don't care - My hot air balloon is flying too high for your rocks to hit! Combined we are the stork AND the crane, the Phoenix AND the fox (I would take the time to come up with diametrical opposed animals whose symbology actually means something, but seriously, how much time do you think I have to make these posts?! Therefore, take these nonsensical animals and be happy.)

It was still a good point however, as Nate and I have totally failed to do anything together. It is possible the greatest example of the sin of wasting potential ever committed by humans. Possibly it still loses out to that whole Adam and Eve thing. But I will NOT lose out to those jerks Cain and able!

Anyways, let us get to the point: This illustrious figure has started a blog! And it instantly gets the oft coveted falcomatic stamp of approval. Check it out at www.nathonius.blogspot.com

And also, look at this poem I wrote!

Vagrant Thoughts

These thoughts wander,
Vagrants.
Though they have means,
Still they steal rides on the empty trains,
Not caring where they end.
A bundled handkerchief of insights,
Tied to a stick of whimsy,
It doesn’t take much,
To see what drives them.
Wandering,
As only wander winsome wants,
They have no more structure than a willow.
Weeping.
I wish to gather them again,
And explain to them my purpose,
But I too enjoy a good droop,
And their charm cannot be denied.
So I loose them,
Wandering winsome wants of a lost age,
They construct these lines,
To speak of their story,
Hardly even asking my permission.
I loose them to see the world,
And to send me these blurry,
Dream-like reports.

4 comments:

Nathonius said...

Dude. You are right. We have failed ourselves. And the world. That poem is good. And by good I mean amazing. How cool is it that your link to my page is in red?

Nathonius said...

oh...man I was all excited about being red, until I realized it's just the color of every other previously selected link on your page...I don't understand these computers as well as some folks do...

Robbie Falconer said...

That'a boy davis! Way to make a fool of both you and me! Mostly you, I guess.

Anonymous said...

I expect marvelous things to come from your friendship, you two. You'll move mountains and such