Tuesday, January 16, 2007

Manifesto

Pursuant to the aim of unity among my fellow man, and complimentary to the process of life itself, I must establish unity within myself. Unification of action, thought, belief, function - realization that ultimately what I know is what I am, what I am is what I do, and what I do is all the word will ever see.

Unity among my fellow man, a lofty goal. One that, before ever conceivably reaching completion, necessitates a complete Renaissance in global thought and action. And history, that great keeper of secrets, has shown us that Renaissances always begin at the most basic, grassroots level: the individual. All it takes is one man, woman, or child for a new era to begin, because the only thing standing between us and truth is our ability to perceive it. If something is perceivable, it can be potentially understood; if it can be understood it can be implemented, and if it can implemented then it can truly affect the world around us.

This is how I see unity. It is only as lofty as the next man to question prejudice, the next mother to whisper of peace in her child's ear, or the next scientific breakthrough to change our world. What, after all, is change if not an adaptive, reactive process that results from the demands of each new moment? Therefore I consider it my duty, sworn and sealed obligation to increasingly demand more of this moment than I did of the previous; to question more of my answers than there were formerly answers to question. I am not going to change the world; I am going to lay siege to it. I am going to bombard it with boulders of love, unity, and progressive with such intensity and duration that there will be no choice but to rebuild, as there will be nothing of the old world left.

Nothing, that is, except the many boulders conveniently on hand to begin construction of something new.

1 comment:

lauren said...

"what I know is what I am, what I am is what I do, and what I do is all the world will ever see"

that is the best life philosophy i have heard in a very long time.