Friday, January 11, 2008

INTRODUCING: Five Scientifically Backed Reasons I'm Sometimes, Possibly, In The Right Lighting, Awesome

Or FSBRISPITRLA for short.

1) My last name wins. Falconer? I mean, come on. You are going to disagree, scoff at, and generally ridicule the rest of this list, but who can contest such a mighty last name?

2) I practice Capoeira (somewhat)regularly. This means I am prone to doing impressive stunts out of nowhere - an intrinsically awesome thing.

3) I use successive double negatives to buy time when asked tricky or poignant personal questions. Like:

"Well, i'm not, not embarrassed about making a list of five reasons why i'm awesome."

4) I believe in, and actively practice, Phrenology. This is actually not awesome, and is oft the subject of well deserved mockery.

5) When I was a kid, I use to walk around all the time with a bicycle helmet even though I didn't know how to ride a bicycle (I didn't learn until I was 9 or 10). This is also not awesome, but I just remembered it, and seriously five items in a list is too demanding.

Tune in next weekmonthdayrandompost for Five Reasons Why Everyone Who Is NOT Backed By Science Says I'm NOT Awesome. Or, again, FREEWANBBSSINA for short.

8 comments:

Ashley Ludwin said...

6. you're friends with me

or should that be #1? hmm

Robbie Falconer said...

Haha! My title is so long it obscured your egotistical post Ashely!

This is most delightful.

Ashley Ludwin said...

thankfully it didnt cut off what my comment actually says... my point is still valid!

Orion said...

Can I make a shirt that says "FREE WANBBSSINA" It sounds politically righteous, plus I like sticking it to people that aren't backed by science.

Anonymous said...

I will direct all eligible bachelorettes to your list. I am certain they will be especially impressed by number five.

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Juicebox said...

impressive list, robbie! i almost forgot how awesome you are...thank you for reminding me! ;)

Jaina said...

Haha, I like this. I came across your blog in the blogs of note thing. I must say your writing is quite entertaining, you write well.