Monday, May 7, 2007

I'm not quite a Prancing Pony

Although it is only a matter of time. Soon, very soon, the tyrannical siege of finals will have been lifted, and I will be free to roam (play) the verdant fields (video games) of my ancestors. No longer will my time be limited; nay, it will be spent in close communion (reading) with the very source of my powers (books). I will soar to the very heavens (soccer fields) and frolic there with the round fairies who inhabit those fair stretches (soccer balls).

I do not, of course, mean that I am not quite a tavern from a high-fantasy trilogy, but am indeed referring to the equestrian breed known to exhibit such uninhibited joy in their step. I may seriously attempt to prance, although I will leave it to those present to determine it's relative likeness to that of a pony's.

Translation to all of this: Finals end soon, and I will be the happiest boy you ever did see.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I will vie with you for that title of the happiest boy. To give you a taste, I've been known to suddenly start skipping after finishing a final.

Robbie Falconer said...

You are lucky that we are told to vie amongst eachother, dear reed!

Skipping is the best you've got? Hows about skipping all the way to the car, where you shut the door, pause, and then scream like a gorilla while beating your chest?

hmm?

No one can deny, however, that you are one happy boy.

Anonymous said...

Wait...this is good right?Right? Is it sooooo good that you can laugh without smiling? If you say yes, you are a liar, because it has been proven, scientifically, mathematically even, that this feat is impossible...nay!
UN-posssible.

You Know Who.

Anonymous said...

Is that the best I've got? IT'S ON NOW! How about this?
Have you spent an entire day dealing with sporadic, uncontrollable giggling at the slightest thought of being finished with something, even when it's at a really disheartening social moment such as talking about the bridge on one's violin collapsing or one's brother going to Iraq? One second, you're concerned about your friend. Then, all of a sudden, you've become a 6 year old Japanese girl with a giggling fit. IT'S SO WRONG, BUT YOU JUST CAN'T HIDE IT!