Sunday, April 1, 2007

Stress!

It is shaping up to be one of those months. I have been floating with relative comfort above the tidal waves of everyday life these past few months, and have tackled things with such a large quantity of efficiency that I almost feel like I should take a picture standing next to it, smiling a big smile and giving the thumbs up like one would to a recently captured fishing prize. It would be for posterity, obviously.

This feeling, it is to be immediately understand, is highly relative. I am not and never will be the organized type who cuts through red tape at whim. My recent foray into the realms of "doing" are only successful when compared to my extensive past history of "not doing."

All of this having been said, I will now get to the stark, white bone of the issue: There's a crap load to do this next month! School is kicking into high gear, and by May 1st I need to have a comprehensive and impressive application turned into Northwestern University for their Medill School of Journalism. Also, I'll be gone a lot this month, so I'm looking down the familiar barrel of the "I-know-what-I-have-to-do-but-seriously-when-will-i-have-time-to-do-it?!" gun.

And so enters a rather unfamiliar enemy whom I've rarely had to deal with: Stress. I''ve been under plenty of stress, but I can't easily recall being stressed. So now when someone says "I'm stressed," I can nod sagely while stroking my beard, for I will know to what they refer. The sun has not stopped in it's natural course, and the stars are still very much set in their twirlings and whirlings, but this next month is shaping up to be one of the hardest I've had to deal with in a while.

I guess that's it. Oh, one other thing: Wish me luck! Or pray for success. Or pray for luck while wishing me prayers!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wait.... Stress is an unfamiliar enemy?... Where have you been?

Robbie Falconer said...

Hiding beneath the fanciful magic of the fairy-folk. Their magic has a 100% stress free guarentee, or your belief back.