Thursday, April 26, 2007

I'm not quite a Zombie

I only know this due to extensive investigation into the matter. I do not crave brains, I am not inclined to rip my clothing in order to look more ill-kept, and I am not (as far as I know) rotting. The issue only bears relevance in the remarkably numerous other ways that I AM currently like a zombie. I tend to stagger, my sentences often end in zombie inspired moans, and I am becoming less and less distraught at the idea of drooling. I mean, do you know how much relative energy is required to keep saliva in?!

What I mean is that I have gotten very little sleep and imbibed entirely too much caffeine. I've now embraced my sleep delirium state with something resembling resignation, and something else resembling pathetic mewling. Seriously, you should see me. One of four papers opened in front of me, I claw the air blindly in a futile gesture of impotent rage, and make sounds no human has heard since ET came out.

I've gone through the full round of appropriate cliches. What doesn't kill me makes me stronger. It builds character. No pain no gain. I've settled on a mixture of two: No killing no gain. For some reason when I say this out loud people look at me strange. I'm just trying to inspire myself, people.

It will be curious to see if I actually remember posting this or not.

7 comments:

Nathan said...

Okay, you're not a zombie, but are you a Valerian?

Anonymous said...

I don't think he could be a Valerian, but I think he was one of the guys that played Red Rover with them.

Nathan said...

Definitely.

Orion said...

Dude, don't even get me started on zombies. You know me; certified zombologist.

Heather said...

And yet, methinks that only a zombie could write a post this fabulous...

Melon said...

hey, i feel a bit like that...see...i am moving...tomorrow...and i am refusing to sleep...but i'm also refusing to do my work of packing and cleaning...i don't think i'm a zombie...i think i'm having a sit in protest to my moving...

Robbie Falconer said...

You'll all be pleased to know that I overcame my zombie-like conditions, and am slowly relearning how to live as a human.

Unless you aren't pleased to know that, in which case I question our friendship?